So There I Was...

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Back from NY

Well...back from the auto show...seems like nothing was stolen...or at least I havent noticed. Didnt take too many pictures...but I will soon have my California trip pictures up.

The trip was great...went to Little Italy for a nice meal of food...checked out a show at the Comedy Cellar...and checked out the new cars. Everything was fine until the ride home. Just after we left the city...we heard a little "pop" from the car and then a cloud of smoke (Thankfully it was a rental). Well...we pulled into the luxuroius Thomas Edison Rest Stop between exits 11 and 12 on the New Jersey Turnpike (stop in if you find yourself in the area). Once we stopped we got out to check out the engine...and noticed a steady stream of oil leaking out of the bottom of the engine. After about 30 phone calls and 5 hours we were back on the road in our wonderfu new "mid-sized" Chevrolet Classic (Which I had no idea even existed). I had to pay for the replacement rental...and the tow! The total damage for the car so far is $140 for the rental...$225 for the tow...and about $140 for the second rental. They are supposed to be refunding the second rental and the tow tomorrow...we will see about that. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home